Question

Annual training excluding New hires

• 18 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi there, 

I am looking to roll out an annual training that will exclude the all new hires.I wanted to create a group of users to launch a learning plan for anyone who is in the system excluding new hires. so once the training is assigned to that group, will it reassign  after the data from the HR feeds to the LMS? if so, would deleting the group after the training has assigned affect the users who are in the learning plan from that group? will that assignment delete too?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @Amna Fatima, welcome to Docebo Community! This is a great question. I have a few follow-up questions to better understand your use case.

As I understand it, you have a learning plan that you’d like to enroll all users in your platform into except for anyone who has been hired within a certain time frame. Is that correct?

1. How are users being added to the Group that is enrolled to the Learning Plan? Is it based on a Branch or a User Additional Field value?
  2. What data from your HRIS is feeding into your platform? Is the desire for this data to control who is added to the Group that is enrolled into this Learning Plan?

would deleting the group after the training has assigned affect the users who are in the learning plan from that group? will that assignment delete too?

In regard to this question, removing users from a group or deleting a group entirely will not affect any previous enrollments that were triggered as a result from the user being a part of that group.

Here are a few Knowledge Articles that might help you with this use case:

Userlevel 4

Hi there, 

I am looking to roll out an annual training that will exclude the all new hires.I wanted to create a group of users to launch a learning plan for anyone who is in the system excluding new hires. so once the training is assigned to that group, will it reassign  after the data from the HR feeds to the LMS? if so, would deleting the group after the training has assigned affect the users who are in the learning plan from that group? will that assignment delete too?

Hi Amna,

If your HR feeds a hire date into an “additional field” in docebo, you could create a group that excludes anyone hired after a specific date.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

This is a good one to think through as it involves eligibility and exclusions with a targeted audience.

I often tell people that with Learning Management as a profession, 25% of my time is targeting audiences effectively with algorithms.

I think (to get started) we are missing some detail in your question though….are you bringing in people with something in their profile that can support you in using “automatic groups”? If not, you can probably support this with a custom field and use an automatic group. For example, we land up creating a type of snapshot for our annual training. Nothing is stopping you from importing folks with another field (maybe call it “annual)….and flag anyone with a Y that is eligible. That isnt a horrible exercise and should be a single pop of a solution if you are excluding folks based on a hire date. (I wouldnt keep on doing this though, you will slowly torture your profile with for individuals).

Going along that line of reasoning - In someways? If you have any access to your HRIS and they may be able to support you with that flag in a field.