Best Answer

As an Admin, can I mark a course as completed for a user and issue them a certificate?

• 1 March 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

As an Admin, can I mark a course as completed for a user and issue them a certificate?  If so how?

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 1 March 2024, 23:05

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

If you are a superadmin, yes you can...if you are power user, that depends on your permissions.

To mark a user a completed on a course…

1. Find the course under course management
  2. Goto the Enrolments tab
  3. Search for the user
  4. on the right, select Edit Enrolment
  5. Change the status to Completed and enter the completion date (and score if applicable)

Once the course is marked as competed, the user can download the certificate from My Activities. If you have access to view profiles, you can access their Personal Summary and download the certificate there as well.

Userlevel 1

You rock.  Exactly what I was looking for!!  Thank you!

Userlevel 5
Badge

Bear in mind this shows in the audit log as the admin completing the course for the user, not the user completing the course, so if you have auditors that like to sift through logs… this may not be what you want for legal/government etc compliance related courses.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

in some cases where there may have been some technical issues the admin has no choice so in these instances, I usually add a note to the user’s profile when it’s compliance related.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Bear in mind this shows in the audit log as the admin completing the course for the user, not the user completing the course, so if you have auditors that like to sift through logs… this may not be what you want for legal/government etc compliance related courses.

You beat me to it, don’t get brought to court, do your due diligence :)

Userlevel 1

Thank you all.  We run the courses live to the public and if we see the attendance and time of attendance for our LMS users.  We have the audit log but didn’t want to have them have to watch it twice.  

Really appreciate everyone’s help on this.  It really helps our members save time.