Ask the Expert and Mention Features in A Channel

Userlevel 3
Badge

I understand that Channels are intended for informal learning and more engaging interactions. But it seems like there’s no way to enable the “Ask the Expert” and “Mention” Settings when adding an eLearning Course to a Channel. I thought that’s the purpose for allowing to add a course to a Channel so that users can interact and comment on the course that we want to. My question is, then what difference it’s making by adding a course to a Channel? I can’t wrap my head around it. If there’s a way to enable the features (for a eLearning course added to a Channel) it would be wonderful!!!! 

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @teresa.mycity.org

you don’t have the possibility to tag the expert in the question in a course, but if you add the widget “Question and Answers” in the course, and you put this course in a channel, when a user ask a question, the expert related to that channel will see the question in “my questions to answer” in the “My expert tasks” page. In this way the users can interact and comment with the experts.

You can add the widget “Question and Answers” from the training material tab in each course.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Great to know that it will appear in the “My Expert Tasks” page, thanks @eleonora.maggioni 

Userlevel 2

Great to know that it will appear in the “My Expert Tasks” page, thanks @eleonora.maggioni 

Where does this “My Expert Tasks” live? I don’t seem to have visibility to it.