Skip to main content
Best Answer

Assign test dates

Hi there,

I would like to assign specific dates (time window) to when a test can be taken. I am looking for the best way to do this. Is it possible to assign to/and from dates to a test? Or is it possible to make it only accesible with a password created by the moderator for example?

I've only come up with a workaround I do not like so far. This contains creating a 'test-course' containing only the test and then assiging the dates the couse with the test can be vieuwed. 

Any ideas? Help much appreciated.

Thanks

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

If I understand you correctly, you would like to make a test (learning object) available only at a specified window fo time. If yes, then YES you can do this…

On the test object, click the icon to the right of the title and select Settings. You can set a date range at which the object will be visible

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Irnlab,

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. This is what I was looking for. Just to be sure a few follow up-questions.Do you know if it is possible to;

• Check the until completed/passed option, while still maintining the test option that states only 2 tries are allowed?  
  • Publish the same test several times (for example 2 times a year) without losing the progress of the ones that already have taken a test?

Thanks

Userlevel 1
Badge

A collegue and I tested the remaining questions I had. 

• Check the until completed/passed option, while still maintining the test option that states only 2 tries are allowed?  

You can check the until completed/passed option while maintaining the test option that states only 2 tries are allowed. However, if you edit the number of view to Only one time when 2 tries are allowed this will be overruled by the number of views. 

• Publish the same test several times (for example 2 times a year) without losing the progress of the ones that already have taken a test?

You do not lose progress.