Skip to main content
Question

Automatic Course Recommendations - How does Docebo decide what to show?

• 10 March 2022
  • 7 replies

Am trying to understand the logic behind the course recommendations...has anyone been able to understand what algorithm(s) are used to display recommendations to users? if yes, are there any ways to influence what appears to users?

As admins, we often get these questions when the recommendations don;’t seem to make sense to certain users. Ii would be great to be able to explain, influence and perhaps change the recommendations offered to our users…

I’d love to hear your thoughts. Thank you

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

:) but seriously, I think its all the personalization stuff, so based on usage, behaviors of others who take similar courses, tags, etc. This is the best article I’ve seen related to it:

https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/4410338779922-Personalized-Suggestions-From-The-Recommendation-Engine

When it comes to influencing, I think like search, this is currently not the best with abilities/options, but following to see if anyone has found good methods of doing so.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Shhhhhhh….I turned off the experience to start….because I was worried about an AI not being very helpful…at the right time and with the right course depth? I will move forward with it.

Userlevel 1

We should be able to at least select options for ‘Next Recommended Content’ even if still using AI.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@nbryant agree

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

This was posted a few months ago

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

This was posted a few months ago

I literally had this come up in a meeting a few weeks ago….gonna go vote it up if I havent already.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Shhhhhhh….I turned off the experience to start….because I was worried about an AI not being very helpful…at the right time and with the right course depth? I will move forward with it.

Hi!

Did you turn off the recommendations by css or is there a setting somewhere i can’t find?