Question

Blank screen intermittantly for some users accessing course content

• 26 April 2024
  • 6 replies

Has anyone had a problem with users randomly being locked out of SCORM modules in a course?

They can for example access other modules, but get a blank screen when they try to pickup where the left off. Here’s a link to a video of the issue: https://www.wevideo.com/view/3417599763

The only fix seems to be resetting their progress.

I’ve been told this is because we’ve updated the SCORM package while the users are in the course, but we haven’t. It’s a brand new course, and our very first cohort of users, so we are loosing confidence in the system.

Alternatively, what’s the best course format to use for stability and updates? xAPI? SCORM? other?

6 replies

Userlevel 4

That would happen to us when I switched over to the new course player. I reverted back to the old and all works fine. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Alan Parker There are many many many reasons why courses “freeze”, but in my experience it has to do primarily with the connectivity between the LMS and the Scorm files. If that connection breaks, then the Scorm doesn’t really know how to recover.

In my experience, working on a cell/smart phone without the Go.learn app is the most common cause of the ‘break’ because the cell service underlying everything gets spotting or disappears.

That would happen to us when I switched over to the new course player. I reverted back to the old and all works fine. 

We haven't enabled the new player yet, so sadly not or issue, but thanks 

@Alan Parker There are many many many reasons why courses “freeze”, but in my experience it has to do primarily with the connectivity between the LMS and the Scorm files. If that connection breaks, then the Scorm doesn’t really know how to recover.

In my experience, working on a cell/smart phone without the Go.learn app is the most common cause of the ‘break’ because the cell service underlying everything gets spotting or disappears.

The thing is it's replicable but logging in as the user via the admin tools. Problem only goes if we reset progress on the course.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Way back on our first launch we had an issue with our cyber security stuff blocking the traffic to the Docebo course server. The course just looked blank. All the platform stuff was visible, but the course content wasn’t. It was a little hit or miss for a while, seemed to be related to traffic levels, but we did eventually narrow it down to that as the cause.

Way back on our first launch we had an issue with our cyber security stuff blocking the traffic to the Docebo course server. The course just looked blank. All the platform stuff was visible, but the course content wasn’t. It was a little hit or miss for a while, seemed to be related to traffic levels, but we did eventually narrow it down to that as the cause.

Thanks for the info