Skip to main content

My LMS supports both employees and customers. I want the training to be free for employees but want to charge customers.

What is the best approach, looking for suggestions. 

Is this a use case for subscriptions?

Technically this is not possible to do with a single course...however…

We enabled the Content Partner App where you can apply a % discount to anyone belonging to a branch that is associated with the Content Partner...a little long to explain here but you could conceivably apply a 100% discount to anyone belonging to branch X while everyone else outside that branch would pay the advertised price.

https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020082200-Managing-the-Content-Partners-App

if this is too complicated, you can simply create a copy of the course; place 1 in your “for sale” catalogue and the free one in your employee/internal catalogue

@lrnlab This sounds promissing. Can the discount be applied to a group rather than a branch? 

I have discovered that I can do the affiliation based on branch, group, or individual users!

Thanks!

Checked the app and it looks like you can assign individual users and groups…

It’s under the tab called, “Affiliates

We have also sometimes run an end-around on this this by putting the course in a Learning Plan.  The course itself can be free for your employees, but then drop that same course in a Learning Plan for customers, perhaps wrapped up with a couple other things like a satisfaction survey or anything like that to engage your customers more, and then put a price on that Learning Plan.  Just another option vs. the other solutions posted above.

We have also sometimes run an end-around on this this by putting the course in a Learning Plan.  The course itself can be free for your employees, but then drop that same course in a Learning Plan for customers, perhaps wrapped up with a couple other things like a satisfaction survey or anything like that to engage your customers more, and then put a price on that Learning Plan.  Just another option vs. the other solutions posted above.

@dkraige That is a sweet workaround, simple yet eligant!

I learned that the course to content partner is 1:1. I got a complication in my use case, they now want to provide discounts to different groups. 

I think the learning plan approach is going to work for us.