Best Answer

Can session waiting list used for session registration deadline?

• 29 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hello Docebians!

I have been doing some testing using session waitlist and want to confirm my findings too make sure I am not missing anything.

USE CASE: Enrollment deadline imposed at session level.  We still want users to be able to enroll but be waitlisted so the admin can move them and have that visibility to late enrollees to be able to send out comms/materials.

FINDINGS: Imposing a deadline removes the session from user visibility on that date regardless if there is capacity.  This means that the waitlist function is based purely on seating capacity and doesn’t allow for a secondary utilization based on enrollment deadlines.

SOLUTION: It seems that the only way to have a waitlist enabled based on an enrollment deadline is to manually set the session capacity to match current enrollment count on the day of the enrollment deadline. 

This is less than desirable because of 1) the manual monitoring 2) session change notifications are not functioning correctly and would send unless manipulated before and after changing session capacity.

Has anyone else come up with a solve for waitlisting based on enrollment cutoff that doesn’t involve emailing admins to be enrolled in a session and allows for this all to be managed within the platform?

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 29 March 2024, 18:55

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Are you trying to get users to waitlist once your session capacity is met or just by date? you could potentially do the reverse and only allow waitlisting and then you can selectively enrol users before the session starts...not ideal but that may work for you.

a couple years ago docebo had something akin to allowing users to “show interest” in a session without enrolling but I haven't seen anything close that in the more recents discussions with them...not sure if that will ever become reality…

found a couple ideas you might want to vote up:

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@lrnlab We want to set an enrollment date deadline so that we have a hard head count on that date and can send out related comms to attendees.  We would still want to allow users to enroll after that point, regardless of capacity,  but be waitlisted vs enrolled.  This would allow the admin to make a decision should capacity be an issue, but also create awareness of late enrollments so the admin can send the related comms to the late enroll’s as well if they do get moved to a seat.  

The ‘Express Interest’ idea is basically the ILT course waitlist that users are put into when no sessions are available, my opinion.  So that’s already a feature, its just not CALLED express interest lol.

As for the other idea, I am in the camp of not allowing simultaneous session enrollments because users can take up multiple seats and prevent other users from being able to register.  And then when they don’t show up, they have taken that opportunity away from other users because now there are vacant seats that weren’t realized.

I will submit an idea to allow a waiting list function to be enabled post enrollment deadline.

As always, I super appreciate your time and efforts in here!

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

In case this feature would be helpful, please upvote here:

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

thanks, voted