Best Answer

Can we add the "ask the expert" feed to the given channel?

• 14 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Is there a way to include the Ask the Experts Q/A feed for a channel ON the given channel?

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 14 July 2023, 21:09

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Not sure I understand the question...are you asking if you add the entire Q&A feed (page) to a channel? My guess is yes since you can add a link as an asset; just not sure whether it will just display in a new page as it would if you just had a proper Q& A page or widget…

Have you thought to create a page that displays your channels, says on ⅔ of the page and use the other ⅓ for the Q&A widget?

Also, each asset had access to Q&A and comments for that asset

Userlevel 1
Badge

Not sure I understand the question...are you asking if you add the entire Q&A feed (page) to a channel? My guess is yes since you can add a link as an asset; just not sure whether it will just display in a new page as it would if you just had a proper Q& A page or widget…

Have you thought to create a page that displays your channels, says on ⅔ of the page and use the other ⅓ for the Q&A widget?

Also, each asset had access to Q&A and comments for that asset

@lrnlab While that is an option that would provide the functionality, that would mean we would have to recreate all of the channels into their own page and a new All Channels landing page, and we would not be able to use the built in channels/pages. Was really hoping to not have to take on all of that overhead and additional management if there was a way to do this OOTB. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

although you can do that, I was thinking more along the lines of listing all channels on 1 side and the Q&A widget on the other...both can be sorted and searched if that helps…

Or perhaps choose your top channels and create custom pages only for those if you have a lot of traffic and need to keep things tidy.