Best Answer

Can we track the number of downloads on assets or file repository items?

• 13 April 2022
  • 7 replies

I don’t see anything in Reports/New Reports that shows how many times an asset has been downloaded. Am I missing it somewhere, or is that not something the platform can track?

Similarly, does anyone know if we can track how many times a file repository item within a course has been downloaded?

icon

Best answer by Adam Ballhaussen 28 April 2022, 18:52

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @kcmktrn looked at the reports and although it does show how many times something was watched, I do not see any info on how many downloads were done.

Same for CLOR.

Perhaps Support could help with this?

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

@dklinger @Adam Ballhaussen Not sure if this is your area of expertise but I have seen lots of great responses from both of you. Can you help us out with reporting on downloads? @kcmktrn is looking at file repository downloads and I am looking for channel asset downloads. I found views in a report but didn’t see downloads. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@dianex.gomez - thank you for the shout out….but I would be just learning in this case.

I dp know that the system supports google analytics - I am curious if one of those analytics help to point out downloads.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

@erin.brisson Can you or anyone at Docebo help here? We are sharing assets with our community via file repository and/or channels. We want to know if the assets are being downloaded (and presumably used as intended) or just viewed and dismissed. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @dianex.gomez. Docebo doesn’t currently support the ability to report on asset downloads, only asset views (as others have shared in this thread). You also cannot report on downloads in the file repository widget.

One option I’ve used successfully in the past is to use trackable links via a marketing automation platform like Hubspot or Pardot. These platforms give you the option to create unique trackable URLs that allow you report on the number of times they’ve been clicked. You could host your content via one of these platforms and report on the number of clicks (downloads) there.

Here are some links to documentation for trackable URLs in Hubspot and Pardot:

Alternatively, if it’s important for you to track which learners have downloaded certain files, I recommend adding the files as File training materials to a course. Learners will be required to download the training material in order to complete the course, and you’ll be able to report on which learners have downloaded the files.

You can learn more about this in the Marking Training Material as Complete knowledge article

View learner file download information in the Training Material View Statistics section of the Reports tab of a course

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

@Adam Ballhaussen Thanks for the answer and the suggestions. 

Userlevel 1

It’s been a year with no updated to this. This is a simple request/need. The advice of adding it to a course is not acceptable, as not everything is included in a course - nor should it be.

I don’t have high hopes this issue will be resolved, but adding my comments.