Best Answer

Can you have multiple certificates for a single course?

• 25 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hello! We are exploring the localization capabilities of the certification feature and I have some questions. We have courses that are completed by users in different regions. Each region has specific requirements for what appears on the certificate. My understanding is that we can assign users to specific certification groups, then localize the certification based on said groups. The challenge is that some users operate in both regions and would require both certificates. Is it possible to generate two certificates for the same course?

Example:

• Create an additional field called “Certificate Type” and make it a mandatory field.
  • Users select Certificate A or Certificate B.
  • If a user selects Certificate A, they are assigned to Group A. If a user selects Certificate B, they are assigned to Group B.
  • A user in Group A completes a course and receives Certificate A. What happens if they change their Certificate Type to B. If they returned to the course to re-download the certificate, would they receive Certificate B or continue to get Certificate A?
icon

Best answer by lrnlab 25 January 2024, 17:14

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Just had a look and although you assign a certificate version to a group or branch I believe the user can only download a single certificate. So short of creating a 2nd course that could be marked as completed by way of an equivalency, not sure what else you can do to allow them to have 2 certs for 1 course.

If you automatically assign them course #2 and make it an equivalent to course #1, the users would have both in the transaction history and could then download 2 certs for what is essentially a single course.