Question

Can you limit the number of responses for a test?

• 4 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I have a test built in my system that has one question- Select all that apply. The answer bank has some 45 possible responses where 10 of them make up the correct answer. However, I have had some learners that mark 13, 20, and even all 45 responses. I changed the question to “Select all 10 that apply” to give an indication that there is a limit to how many answers they need to select to get full credit, but Im wondering if there is a way to limit how many responses they can click so it would automatically stop them from selecting an 11th response. 

Im also open to the fact that this may not be the best way to set up this knowledge check. Essentially the doctors we are training go over a case study of a simulated patient. They are to diagnose that patient with a number of high risk diseases. There are 5 cases (the answers to all 5 built the answer bank of 45) with an identical knowledge check of the one question - select all that apply for that case.

Thanks for your help!

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @tylerrl 

I checked the test options but as far as I can tell there is no way to limit the number of answers for multiple choice questions. The only thing I can think of is possibly using the 'association' question type for this. I'm not sure if it would work, but it might be worth a try. Failing that, you could always post an idea in the community to hopefully get this functionality added in the future.