Skip to main content

I have a particular user who is having trouble accessing their courses. They didn’t say which courses. Can I search Docebo by the name/user id of that particular individual to see all the courses they are enrolled in?

I can’t seem to figure out how to do this!

Theres a couple, but I find the easiest to be to set up a report for yourself (Users - Courses) restrict it to just the user you are looking for and then just change the user in question each time you need to do this. You can view them in the platform on the user’s profiles and such but it gets paginated and not in a great order.

@FionaMacelliI find it easiest to go to Users > search by name/email. Then go to the right side of the record, and select either User Personal Summary, or, Log in as this user.

In Personal Summary you can see the courses that are still In Progress, and then use that information in Course Management (Enrollments)

In Log in as this user, you can resume the course to see if you can find where the user was getting stuck. I think this approach gives the most detailed information as you can either reproduce a problem with a course, or confirm to the user that something is amiss on his side (browser, cache, course operation, etc.)

Regards,

KMallette/Viasat, Inc.

Yeah the log in as is definitely a way to go, I feel like it gets abused though and why I never think to recommend it. 😀

I’m not a fan of the personal summary, so much effort and the pagination kills me.

I’m not a fan of the personal summary, so much effort and the pagination kills me.

I understand the issues with pagination… we’ve gotten to the point where some of our older learning plans (that were retired a year or two ago, and often contain 10 or 20 courses) are now represented by a single “equivalent” course. Fortunately, we don’t have to record date/time in our learner’s history, so we can get away with this in certain cases.

Thanks for the advice @KMallette and @Bfarkas 

I don’t seem to have a Users option. This might be because I’m using Docebo through Dayforce, or because I’m a Learning Super Admin but don’t have access to some of the people stuff. 

@FionaMacelli Your role as super admin should give you the view to Users.  Could you send a screenshot of the Admin menu you have thru Dayforce?

KM

Your role as super admin should give you the view to Users.  Could you send a screenshot of the Admin menu you have thru Dayforce?

@KMallette This is what I see. 

@FionaMacelli  That is very interesting … thanks for sharing. It seems like they have given you access to 90% of the functionality of Docebo, but have 100% blocked you from all interactions with users.

In light of this, I think the first step in solving the problem you posted is to get the administrators of Dayforce to provide you access to the user information; I think that might be unlikely. Barring that, I’m not sure if there are any options other than asking the user to provide you with the name of the course, a screenshot of the page where the problem occurs, etc. (this is an approach that we frequently take even after we use the Log in as … or the User Personal Summary)

Good luck!

KM