Best Answer

Catalogue widget default sorting when non logged in

• 28 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi, I’m looking to confirm what I think may be the case and expected behaviour.

We have a catalogue widget showing two courses; let’s say they are:

• Code: “b. ECOMM”   Name: “Courses for purchase”
  • Code: “a. FREE”     Name: “Members’ Area”

We prefer the “Members’ Area” to show first. We set the widget’s default to sort alphabetically on the catalogue code, which works as desired when logged in.

For visitors who may wish to create an account and purchase a course but still need to, the widget defaults to sorting alphabetically by name. 

I’m guessing this is because the widget controls don’t kick in until the visitor has created an account, but I just wanted to check with more experienced admins before I started getting creative with course names.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by alekwo 28 September 2023, 18:49

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @AngeWi if you mean the Catalog that is presented on the public page (before login), there is a setting for sorting options available in the Advanced setting → Course Catalog:

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @alekwo Oh thank you for that, I’m much better using sorting by code rather than being creative with course names.

That’s a shame we don’t have that option in the individual instances, but I’ll take a look through each instance as I’m sure where we use catalogues I’ve gone with my preference for sorting by the code.

Thank you!