Question

Certificate - Learner signature

• 21 May 2024
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi All,

I need to insert the Learner signature (electronic signature) in the course Certificate (internal certificate).

Is it possible to do it?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

If you can manage to add it to a custom field on the user profile you may be able to bring it into the certificate...

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Gi @lrnlab , thank you. My concern is about the security, because  the system will keep the user signature in the database. If I use a course e-signature process to validate the leaner, is it possible to get some evidence information in the certificate?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

had a look at the available tags and dont see anything related to eSignature…

Question...why do you need to add an electronic version of the user’s signature? Could they not download it and sign it manually? Just curious…

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @lrnlab , yes, the learner can download it and sign manually. The problem that we have to keep this certificate with the learner signature for the external audit reason.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I understand...and just using the eSignature app is not enough to confirm their identity? I think there is an output on reports for that...checking...from the Users - Course report template...

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

@lrnlab , in my opinion, using the e Signature app is enough. But the auditor wants do see it in the certificate. I´ll try to put one information in the certificate, informed that the learner use an e signature app to enter and completed the course. I hope to the client accept it. Thank you for your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

makes sense...you just need to “sell” it to your auditors...LOL