Best Answer

Certification question

• 15 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Greetings everyone,

Certain users in our system need an annual accreditation certificate. I am looking for guidance on how to provide certificates that display the latest completion date when users complete a course annually. Currently, the certificates only reflect the "original" course completion date.

Thanks!

Mike

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 15 January 2024, 18:31

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Only way to refresh your certificates is to unassigned and re-assign them.

You can go the Certificates app, look up the users based on the course or LP that was completed to obtain the certification and then un-assign them all and re-assign. This will update the dates on your certificates.

Thanks! Way too clunky. I don’t want to “assign” the course again to everyone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

it’s not the course, just the certificate...if you are having your users complete the same course to renew their certification but the certificate still show the original date they completed the course, you can reset the certificate to show the most recent completion date (nothing to do with the course).

We chose not to use this method and have created annual certifications; they use copies of the same course but are much easier to manage and report on since everything is package by year. A little more work to set-up but much easier in the end.

Thanks! I’ll look into that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Concur with the annual courses approach over the re-cert, upfront effort but overall less work for sure if dealing with any level of volume.