Best Answer

Certification waiver

• 3 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hello all, I have a situation here and I need help.

for an employee to board an oil rig, he must have all valid certificates. In some situations, with the proper approvals, he may ship with some expired certificates (waiver certification). How can we deal with these situations?

icon

Best answer by dklinger 4 November 2022, 03:29

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

HI @msantos are you asking how to extend a certification where the user has not completed the required training? If so, you can extend the certification end date manually.

• Goto Certifications & Retraining
  • Find the user under “Awarded Users”
  • Click EDIT
  • You will be able to extend the end date.

I would probably also recommend you place a note on the user profile to explain this in case you are audited in the future.

If you need add some kind of proof or documentation of this, you can create a new additional field on the user profile that will allow you to upload a file. You can also set who is allowed to it if you have some confidentiality guidelines to follow.

Userlevel 7
Badge

@msantos Thank you for reaching out to the community with your question! To make sure we understand your question, are you looking for a solution similar to what @lrnlab has provided above? Or are you looking for ways to prompt employees to update their certifications so this situation is less likely to arise?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

hello @elliott.vickrey and @lrnlab , In fact, the presented solution changes the certification status from expired to valid. What I would like is to have another status (waiver), where I indicate that the certification is expired, but he is authorized to board the platform, as he received a "waiver"

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@msantos good evening to you.

This may be a pain? But is leveraging two courses per certification an option for you? 
The thing I am thinking is to support those people with certification waivers? You put them into a flavor of a course called course name - waiver and mark their enrollment as completed - you then deliver a different certificate to them.

Where that may cause significant types of work - you may be able to leverage validity for the course as a way to expire out the waivers and have that on the certificate.

You would never put the course waiver course in a catalog or anything like that. And you only allow admins to enroll people into them.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hello @dklinger, thank your for your suggestion. I have to test it, but I´ll have a lot of manual work to deal with two courses. The learning plan has about 60 courses.