Best Answer

Change course name - Not change the course name in the Certificate

• 18 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hello, 

I had to change several course names, but if the learner has already taken the course, he cannot issue the certificate with the new course name.
How can I fix this without the learners having to do it all over again?
Has anyone experienced this problem?

icon

Best answer by msantos 21 November 2022, 15:56

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @msantos once a certificate is issued, it’s essentially “locked”. If you make a change to whatever information you're pulling into the certificate, this is NOT automatically updated for those that were already issued.

You can fix this by going to the Certificate Template app and under, Issued Certificates, find the users and then Delete and Re-issue the certificate(s). This will refresh the information to match the new course title (or completion date, etc.)

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hello @lrnlab , thank you for your response. The problem is that we changed 90 courses name, and we have a lot of learners that completed these courses. It´s a lot of manual work.

If I changed the Certificate template, and update a certificate in the course. It will be work?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Sadly there’s no other option I can think of since these certificates are sticky. We just went through this process based on a group error that assigned a course before it was time and we had to re-issue all certs. It was definitely a lot of work and it’s 100% either as users can be in the process of completing the courses while you’re doing these updates.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Sadly there’s no other option I can think of since these certificates are sticky. We just went through this process based on a group error that assigned a course before it was time and we had to re-issue all certs. It was definitely a lot of work and it’s 100% either as users can be in the process of completing the courses while you’re doing these updates.

Thank you..