Question

change event date after learner enrollment

• 24 October 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi,

Is it possible to change an event date after learners have been enrolled to a multiday course, where the learners will also receive a new calendar invite? I know you can change event dates, the question is about the latter part. 

What we now do is unenroll people from the whole course and enroll them again. Is there a different way to do this?

Thanks in advance.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @jbr as long as you enable the notification called, ILT Session Changed for your users they will be notified of the change and get an updated calendar booking...please check that whether it updates the existing booking or does it simply add the new dates/times to calendars...I cannot recall if it actually updated the exigent event (am thinking it doesn't unless you have a tool like Docebo Connect with Outlook integration)

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

It wouldn’t update the existing event if just doing the ICS files, you’d have to re-import and delete the original unfortunately. If they are using the ‘My calendar’ subscription or event subscription from the platform it would, but I know most people hate those since it has to be a new calendar since it is a subscription.

This scenario actually gets tricky with connect or similar tools. I have a webhook basically monitoring for any changes to sessions and then it goes and finds the events on the calendar and updates that event, seperate dedicated process to do.