Question

Channel content went missing

• 4 January 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello fellow Docebo members,

Is anyone having issues with non courses content in channels? All of the PDF, Excel, Videos, & Files content in our channels imported by the channel experts are all gone. 

The expert setting is also not available under the channel’s property page.

I hope I’m not the only one starting the New Year with a scare.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

I remember reading something about if the channel content was loaded by a user who is subsequently deactivated / expired, that content is no longer available...not sure if that is the case for you. Tired to find the related KB article but could not so please don't quote me on this...maybe others can recall if this is the case?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I haven’t experienced this but this would be good to know. It would make sense as an action I guess. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

looked again and cant seem to find it...hope I didn't imagine that...lol...I may need to ask support and get to you

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Sometimes I make things up in dreams that docebo support tells me.

Like I wake up and I’m like “this new learning plans management backend is incredible! Then it sinks in.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

lol, support just confirmed that when a user is deactivated, their content is NOT erased. That said, they did say that if a user is DELETED and the option to “Anonymize Deleted Users” in NOT enabled, their content will be deleted.

https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020079900-Managing-the-Platform-Advanced-Settings#subtitle-5

worth checking...

Userlevel 1

Hey all, the issue was resolved by support setting back our instance and all the content and ability for users to upload was restored back to normal. No one is sure yet what caused this issue and it was not any users being deleted.

I’ll post back with an update if we here anything back!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hey all, the issue was resolved by support setting back our instance and all the content and ability for users to upload was restored back to normal. No one is sure yet what caused this issue and it was not any users being deleted.

I’ll post back with an update if we here anything back!

Yikes, sounds glitchful :) Glad they got it sorted for you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@atiegs please do thank you

Hi all,

Unfortunately, we’re experiencing the same issues. 

A massive content from a few channels had disappeared, and Docebo support is not available since yesterday.

@atiegs Did you performed the recovery by yourselves? 

Thanks