Best Answer

Channels - Follow Button

• 26 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Can anyone tell me, as a non-admin/power user, what will following a channel do?

I logged in as a user, clicked the follow button, what can I expect to happen by doing this?

Thanks
Michael

icon

Best answer by sjennings78 26 September 2023, 16:39

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

You can view your list of Followed Channels for easy access, but I think the main benefit of following a channel is that you can also set up notifications for when new content is added to a channel - users can choose to receive individual notifications on new content for that channel or to get a digest of new content.  So be sure to set up both notifications on the Admin side. 

However, I will say this… I’ve had issues with getting the Digest notification to display correctly. 

To view your followed channels, you can go to the All Channels page, then select the Followed tab.  I have also found that you can link directly to the Followed tab, so that link could also be provided either in the menu itself or somewhere as a link on a page for easy access.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@sjennings78 Thanks. I looked at Notifications yesterday and missed it. Thanks so much!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Heads up - As an end user, when you choose to Follow a channel, it does not set it to send you notifications by default.  You have to select to Follow, then select the bell icon to choose individual or digest notifications for that channel.  I don’t think many people realize this - I wish it would default to turning on notifications for that channel and then let the user decide if they want to turn them off or change the type.