Question

Closed Captioning in Coach and Share

• 25 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Does anyone know if Docebo has the capability to add closed captioning to the Coach and Share section where other community members upload their own videos to different channels? 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Off the top of my head, I don’t think there is an easy way to add closed captions to videos that others have uploaded into channels. Maybe you can host a document of a transcript on a server and link the transcript in the asset description?

The only alternative I can think of is you can download the video, pop it into a course shell where you can add the VTT file, and then push the course back to the channel.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi Becca - I’ll echo what Annarose said. There’s not a way to add VTT files for closed captioning to Coach & Share assets currently. As a super admin you could download the file, burn in the captions to the video, and then replace the file within Coach & Share with the new burnt in captioned version by going to edit on the asset and clicking on replace file. A bit of work but would accomplish what you’re looking to do.