Best Answer

Comslider Issues

• 25 August 2022
  • 8 replies

Hello everyone, 

We’ve been using Comslider on our platform for a while now with no issues. It appears that after this past weekend our slider won’t slide. Our team hasn’t made any changes on the Comslider side of things. Has anyone else experienced issues with Comslider lately? 

icon

Best answer by dklinger 25 August 2022, 21:24

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Andy.Carrillo.

No problems like that - a suggestion - make sure that your license is in good shape?
We have seen some funkiness with the overlaid text, but it seems to come and go with version(s) of browser.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

For example:

This seems to comes and goes. Once the carosuel refreshes once and or a person changes the size of text with browser (Ctrl + or Ctrl -) it is gone.

Hi @Andy.Carrillo.

No problems like that - a suggestion - make sure that your license is in good shape?
We have seen some funkiness with the overlaid text, but it seems to come and go with version(s) of browser.

That’s what it was! We had a problem with our Comslider license. We were capped at 30k views so the image remained static. Thank you for the suggestions! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Woot woot. @Andy.Carrillo  if you run into that text thing-y above - let me know too. For whatever reason it shows up every now and then, we haven’t pinned down a clean root-cause and it has hit a problem list for us.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Just want to jump in and say Huzzah! Thanks @dklinger!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

That’s what it was! We had a problem with our Comslider license. We were capped at 30k views so the image remained static. Thank you for the suggestions! 

@Andy.Carrillo There is a no license option if you’re ever interested in playing with it. May not look as nice as Comslider and could require a tad bit more work to get going but there are zero limits.

I have recently experienced this issue as well. The text is cut off within the Docebo pages but looks normal within the Comslider edit page. When we resize the browser (zoom in/out) it resolves the issue. Any solutions so that we don’t have to zoom in/out for the text to display correctly upon page load? I tried changing the text size and centering it within Comslider but it still appears cut off.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I have recently experienced this issue as well. The text is cut off within the Docebo pages but looks normal within the Comslider edit page. When we resize the browser (zoom in/out) it resolves the issue. Any solutions so that we don’t have to zoom in/out for the text to display correctly upon page load? I tried changing the text size and centering it within Comslider but it still appears cut off.

@wplaisted - I got it - but it is something that is hidden until it is in front of you.

Uncheck Responsive

When you uncheck responsive - you get nothing acting weird anymore - other than you will probably have to adjust the story. When responsive is checked off - I believe that is where browsers are acting finicky with it.