Best Answer

Copying someone on a notification

• 2 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Hello everyone, 

I’m looking to set up notifications to remind learners to complete a course. I need to be able to cc multiple email addresses on the reminders. 

So far, I haven’t come across anything that shows how to do this. Is it possible? 

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 2 June 2023, 17:30

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

This is not possible today...if you want to send a “copy” you can only choose from the role options and create an actual duplicate notification to be sent to that role.

https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020126259-Managing-and-Sending-Notifications

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

I have gotten around this for some cases with a two step process.

1) Send a copy of all notifications to a central email.

2) Use mail rules in that central email to forward the email to the relevant person.

This only works when one person needs to see all notification on a single course for example. It doesn’t work when you want to CC managers etc.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I have gotten around this for some cases with a two step process.

1) Send a copy of all notifications to a central email.

2) Use mail rules in that central email to forward the email to the relevant person.

This only works when one person needs to see all notification on a single course for example. It doesn’t work when you want to CC managers etc.

I do similar too with both mail rules, or when more is needed using an automation third party setup, that looks up a manager or similar based on the email content to add to send too. At that point though was easier to just use a report to trigger them.

Hello Everyone,

Here’s a link to an idea to add the cc line in notifications.  I suggest voting on it.  If you have others that have access to this site, please ask them to vote on this idea. 

https://community.docebo.com/ideas/ability%2Dto%2Dcopy%2Dcc%2Da%2Dmanager%2Dor%2Dother%2Duser%2Drole%2Din%2Dan%2Demail%2Dnotification%2D1104

Best regards,

Katherine