Best Answer

Course and Learning Plan Player - removing the expand/accordion

• 20 June 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi everyone, 

I’m continuing to test the new layout before switching over. I’m hoping to eliminate this “Show More” feature so that the learning plan descriptions appears in full, always.

Is there any way that I can make this happen?

Thanks, Nicole

icon

Best answer by Allan 20 June 2023, 16:24

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

This is feedback Docebo needs to hear (and more than once, since this was brought up in a prior webinar a month or few back).  My only suggestion is to keep raising it with your CXM, and hopefully others do as well.

I’d like this too (I hate requiring learners to do extra clicks), it’s sadly not something admins can change.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Agreed, I just logged into the Community to log this very same suggestion/complaint!  There is no need to have the description collapsed - users are not going to read it if it requires an extra click.  At the very least, it needs to show a lot more of the description at first, before having the “show more” link - the portion that displays is much too small!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

I also noticed that the course description widget on the course page (the one that displays below the player once accessing the course content) also has the Show More option… I’d like for this to either be longer as well or not even have a collapse option at all.  We have enough problems with users not reading things like descriptions - having them so small and required extra clicks is going to make that an even larger problem!

Userlevel 3

We spent a good amount of time re-writing all our course descriptions to be a bit more detailed and full of relevant information.  We also switch to the Course overview page, so that the user could remind themselves about the course.  I agree, they will not click to read the description on the learning plan page, and the course description on the new course player page only lists the first line.  When you click more, it just shows you the AI generated tags (which is a whole nother issue).

i’m all for progress, but not when its at the expense of features that were useful.

Userlevel 5
Badge

There is an IDEA to upvote on this: