Best Answer

[Course_Description] tag in Notifications?

• 27 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4

Has anyone figured out how to make this work?

We simply want to provide context within generic enrollment notifications by porting the description or some other long-text field into the email template.

I know this base feature has been an ask for over a year, so wondering if anyone managed to solve themselves.

Appreciate any work-arounds! :)

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 27 April 2023, 22:36

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

not to my knowledge...unless Docebo adds these short codes to the notifications, not sure what can be done apart from that…

We use Docebo Connect and you can add the description in the calendar invite with that app...it’s nice but opted not to use it as there were too many variables (length of text, formatting issues, html issues, etc.)

That may be the reason why it has not been added to the standard notifications...🤔

Userlevel 4

Thank you @lrnlab - I suspected as much around formatting and HTML. 

Userlevel 2

I see no reason that we can’t create plain text fields and use as short codes in notifications.  Often classes have Speciali instructions and support information that needs to be included on the registration notification.  Currently we have to make multiple custom notifications instead of one standard notification that includes the directions from a short code