Best Answer

course links

• 15 February 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

HI,

Can anyone advise how best to capture direct  course links?  if you are enrolled on a course yourself, or you grab a url from the course managment area the links break for users.

if i want a direct link to a course, where is the best place to get it from?

cheers,

icon

Best answer by alekwo 16 February 2022, 09:58

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @KTJD you can grab the link when viewing the course in the catalogue...that one will work.Just  keep in mind when sharing that the course must be accessible via the user’s catalogue.

Found this as well that may be useful for you:

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

i think the issue is that the URL changes if you are already enrolled on the course and doesn't work for non enrolled users.  We have created a dummy account not enrolled on anything to use to grab the links but seems a strange work around.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@KTJD unfortunately the “easiest” way is to manually prepare the URL… for our company I have written a dedicated slack bot that is generating sharable links for a given course.  Still you can easily build them in a text editor knowing only the course ID.

If you’re using SSO, you can use the deep-linking option, and simple add the course ID (here 230) to the link like that:

address.docebosaas.com/lms/index.php?r=site/sso&sso_type=saml&id_course=230

If you are not using SSO you can use the link as below (you need to change elearning to classroom to ILTs):

address.docebosaas.com/learn/course/view/elearning/230/my-great-learning-part-1

Note, that the text in the last part of the path doesn’t matter, so a link like this would also work:

address.docebosaas.com/learn/course/view/elearning/230/course

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

great thanks