Skip to main content
Best Answer

"Course type" in URL

• 18 April 2023
  • 6 replies

QQ: for vILT - What is the course type text for this URL please?
https://domain.docebosaas.com/learn/course/view/course_type/course_id/course_name

per this article “Sending the Course URL to Learners”  - it doesn’t give enough info to make it actionable. :/ 
I want to present a non-enrollment link.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

for ILT, the course type will be “classroom”.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@susan2000 Are you able to share non-enrolled link to learners. Is that works?

My learners getting "403 forbidden error” whenever, I share the non-enrollment link.

https://domain.docebosaas.com/learn/course/view/elearning/course_Id/course_title

Enrollment link works. 

Any help here?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@susan2000 Are you able to share non-enrolled link to learners. Is that works?

My learners getting "403 forbidden error” whenever, I share the non-enrollment link.

https://domain.docebosaas.com/learn/course/view/elearning/course_Id/course_title

Enrollment link works. 

Any help here?

If users are getting a 403 forbidden error, make sure the course is in a catalog that the users have visibility to.

Another way to get the link to the course without having you manually build it, is first make sure you are not enrolled in the course, and search for the course from the global search like a user would.  Click on the course name from the search and the landing page for the course that has the course descriptions and the “Enroll” button is the page you want to point users to.  Copy the URL from that screen and that will be the link you can share with others that does not enroll them.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

For some reason, we’re not moving our course to specific catalog.

I believe, global search bar would display the results only if the course is published in catalog where learners have access to see or the learners should enroll in the course to get results in global search bar.

We just want to share the enrollment link (non-enrollment) to all our learners to self-enroll based on their self-interest (it’s not a mandatory training).

Again, we don’t want to use normal enrollment link, it automatically enrolls them in the course.

Do we have any workaround here?

(Other strange thing, as a system admin I can be able to access both enroll & non-enroll link.. But when I test with some learners account, non-enroll link does not work. Maybe I missed something.)

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

For some reason, we’re not moving our course to specific catalog.

I believe, global search bar would display the results only if the course is published in catalog where learners have access to see or the learners should enroll in the course to get results in global search bar.

We just want to share the enrollment link (non-enrollment) to all our learners to self-enroll based on their self-interest (it’s not a mandatory training).

Again, we don’t want to use normal enrollment link, it automatically enrolls them in the course.

Do we have any workaround here?

(Other strange thing, as a system admin I can be able to access both enroll & non-enroll link.. But when I test with some learners account, non-enroll link does not work. Maybe I missed something.)

That non-enroll link only works for courses that are in catalogs.  If you want to keep the course out of a catalog, then you can only share an enrollment link.

Userlevel 4

@Baskaran venugopal Our solution was to create a single catalog (that’s not really promoted anywhere but accessible to all) with a simple acronym* name that isn’t used in any other catalog (*This is so search results only shows the ONE catalog when adding the course to the catalog) so we just put everything in that catalog and call it a day.
Unfortunately, when you duplicate a course, it removes the catalog so you have to manually add that and if you have power users who build courses, you need to set the catalog as a resource in their profile.