Best Answer

Creating a link to user

• 9 January 2023
  • 6 replies

Hi,

I’d like to build a link to a User that I can insert into an email. I looked for a User link structure, but can’t find it.

Can anyone help with the syntax for a link to a User?

Thank you,

Scott

icon

Best answer by Bfarkas 9 January 2023, 22:53

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I opened a request for this - please go to the post below and upvote it! 

oops read the question wrong,but maybe you can still upvote LOL. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

oops read the question wrong

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @sklein assuming that since a user profile can only be displayed by an admin and opens in a panel, not a separate window, you cannot create a link that can be sent to someone else for them to open + this could be a security risk. Interesting idea though...what was the reason behind needing this type of link?

Hi Cathy,

Sorry, I’m guess I’m a bit confused with Docebo. I am not a regular use of this system. I am a developer for a client that uses Docebo. They requested that a link to a User be generated as a response in another system that Docebo is connected to.

Thank you,

Scott

Hi @sklein assuming that since a user profile can only be displayed by an admin and opens in a panel, not a separate window, you cannot create a link that can be sent to someone else for them to open + this could be a security risk. Interesting idea though...what was the reason behind needing this type of link?

Hi,

Just a situation where I’m comparing data from Docebo into another application, in this case Zoho CRM. They just wanted to be notified with a link to the User in Docebo via email that there was an issue with data points not lining up so that they can be correct.

Thanks for your help,

Scott

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @sklein assuming that since a user profile can only be displayed by an admin and opens in a panel, not a separate window, you cannot create a link that can be sent to someone else for them to open + this could be a security risk. Interesting idea though...what was the reason behind needing this type of link?

Hi,

Just a situation where I’m comparing data from Docebo into another application, in this case Zoho CRM. They just wanted to be notified with a link to the User in Docebo via email that there was an issue with data points not lining up so that they can be correct.

Thanks for your help,

Scott

So this is a link for admins to click on to edit/update the user?

not sure there is a great answer there, as the edit window is a modal window and doesn’t have a distinct URL. The search criteria on the user management page also doesn’t impact the URL unfortunately.