Question

CSV Enrollment + mark complete - total time

• 8 March 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Greetings~ I may have missed this but I want to make sure staff are getting total time credit for courses I am enrolling and marking them complete, after the fact, as the super admin. Staff record a VILT session and I receive the video files after it is over and the virtual attendance sheet. I create a video course and then enroll via CSV all those that attended live and then mass mark them complete. I see in a users personal summary that even though the course time is set to 1 hour, when I enroll them and mark them complete like this, they are getting no total time credit. My thought was if the course is set as 1 hour and I marked them complete, shouldn’t they get 1 hour of time? Is there a way to make sure the total time is included?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@jsalinas Hello. 

I don’t know this for certain, but I’ll bet that the timer doesn’t get started if the course status goes straight from “enrolled” to “completed” … in other words, the timer is connected to the ‘in progress’ status. So the results you’re getting seem appropriate. The course time setting on the Properties page is just an estimator for the learner, not something that is “in real time”.

Assuming that this is correct, you could try setting the status to ‘in progress’ before you go to ‘complete’.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Also, it might help to build the ILT session/events before the delivery and have the learners already enrolled. If they are enrolled prior to the session, the instructors can mark attendance in the event.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

you might try marking them as completed using the Attendance tracking. You can input the number of hours during that process and they are output on reports as needed.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@lrnlab - question - does that have to done individually or can I mass mark complete? Is that only if I created an ILT first and then uploaded eh video recording after as opposed to what I am doing which is making a video course after the fact and marking those complete who attended live?

Thank you! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

you can track attendance en masse. As long as you have users enrolled in the session and have selected  “attendance tracking” method, you can track attendance for the entire list of enrolees at once by session.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thank you!