Best Answer

CSV Upload to Mark Couse Complete with a completion date

• 29 December 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

We have the use case where we offer a VILT course - not through Docebo, I edit and convert the recorded version to an elearning course so that others can take it in the future or those that attended live and re watch it. I want to record the VILT attendance and include it in the new elearning course and I see how to enroll users via CSV that attended the VILT live but to mass mark complete, it doesn’t seem like I can choose the completion date unless I individually go in and mark each person. Is that true or did I miss something? Also, since I am uploading this elearning course 1-2 days after they attended the VILT, is there an issue with me enrolling them 1-2 days after the VILT and then marking them complete 1-2 before they were actually enrolled via CSV upload because they attended the VILT course which already occurred?

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 29 December 2023, 22:11

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Correct. Enrolling users via CSV cannot mark them as completed. You can only do this manually after they have been enrolled. If you add the recording to a session on an ILT course, when the users watch the video they can be marked as completed automatically but this doesn't sound like it applies to your situation.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thank you for confirming that what I had read was correct. Cheers

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You can do this with an API csv upload - it’s tricky to set up, but easy to repeat. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thank you! I may have to consider that if this becomes a pain.

Userlevel 3

I absolutely feel the pain of not being able to do that myself! I’d recommend to turn this into a suggestion/idea.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

We step through a way to use the API browser (no tools or API knowledge needed) to do this here: