Best Answer

Deleting old ILT sessions.

• 24 January 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hello, We have many ILT sessions for ILT courses, and over a course of a year the sessions for these ILT courses grew and are quite large. My question is: “Are there any data issues that stem from deleting a session?

We also have self enrollment into these ILT courses which adds to the confusion because the user has to pick a session.

I may have to delete a bunch of last years sessions, unless there is a way to hide them. It’s not user friendly having to search through an entire year of sessions to join one.

Any tips will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you !

icon

Best answer by Jessica Tart 24 January 2022, 17:49

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

hi @ncassella

We also have self enrollment into these ILT courses which adds to the confusion because the user has to pick a session.

I may have to delete a bunch of last years sessions, unless there is a way to hide them. It’s not user friendly having to search through an entire year of sessions to join one.

That’s interesting. On our platform Docebo is only showing sessions that are scheduled in the future, and users on the enrollment screen do not see any past sessions (which creates other issues, as we can’t easily let them access recordings).

I wonder, how this is possible, that in your case learners are presented with past sessions to choose from.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

And regarding deleting sessions, we keep all our records in the system.

If you delete old sessions, you will still see that people have the course completed, but won’t be able to tell which session they have attended. Depending on the nature of your courses, this may sometimes be problematic.

Also, people who were enrolled into those old sessions won’t be able to get back to session recordings anymore (if you upload them of course).

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Wow that’s bizarre. Thank you for replying with this. Looks like we have some more researching to do.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

And regarding deleting sessions, we keep all our records in the system.

If you delete old sessions, you will still see that people have the course completed, but won’t be able to tell which session they have attended. Depending on the nature of your courses, this may sometimes be problematic.

Also, people who were enrolled into those old sessions won’t be able to get back to session recordings anymore (if you upload them of course).

Agreed! For any type of archival, we never delete the course or sessions. In Docebo, once you delete an enrollment, the completion history is also deleted forever. Learners should also only see future dated sessions. If you are referring to admins, you could add “Archived” to the title of the sessions to make it easier to filter and sort. 

Userlevel 3

@kferguson @lindsey atha related to the conversation we had on our call last week about past-date ILT sessions...

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Good morning and Thank you. Yes after looking further I do see that the learner can only see now and into the future visible sessions. It’s on the power user side that all the past sessions are seen. I will try the advise of adding a retired code to sessions to see if that will work for us.

Thank you all for your time and replies!

nc