Question

Direct link to content player

• 3 October 2022
  • 5 replies

Does anyone know if it’s possible to generate a deeplink directly to the course player? (Skipping the enrollment / catalog page altogether)

I’m able to retrieve this link from the console when I open the course preview but this link only remains active for a short time (less than 24 hours). Wondering if there’s a setting to make it persist or generate a URL from the API that always plays the course content immediately. 

Thanks!

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Just cross referencing the other thread where we discussed this for future folk:

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Also there’s a spreadsheet you can download and use that will convert the course URLs that are generated when you preview a course and convert them to the pre-enrolled link. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@pmo you have to make sure to turn on the function for the course though right? Since it is not on by default, or does that not matter?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Ah my apologies! I believe I misunderstood the original ask. I thought this was just looking for a link that always works regardless of the enrollment status. I’m not sure my post above will be helpful. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Ah Yeah, It would be cool to be able to generate a usable link to the direct SCORM package in a clean browser window, I get its not a primary use case, but some workaround scenarios have come up over time that it would be perfect for. I do the enrollment plus auto launch currently which works well until they complete it the first time, then the auto launch doesn’t happen.