Question

Disable Auto-Tags

• 6 December 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Tags are great when I don’t have to constantly go back to something after being notified that the tagging process is complete and delete a bunch of them.

I would much prefer that the system stick with whatever tags I give and not provide several that no one in our industry would use to search for content with.

Perhaps I missed it - but I was not able to find a way to disable the auto-tagging.

How might I go about that?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @gstager I have exactly the same issue with the auto-tagging process generating irrelevant tags that I have to go back and delete. I don’t think there is a way to disable auto-tagging at the moment, so it might be worth posting this as an idea.

I assume you are talking about the auto-tagging process for videos by the way. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I was referring to auto tags for any training material.

I went ahead and posted the idea. I guess we’ll see if it has any support.

Userlevel 3
Badge

I am experiencing the standardization of tags.  I would also like to see the ability to globally manage all tags and only allow from a list of tags.  

Userlevel 4
Badge

Experiencing the same issues as listed above, however a video recently was tagged with “testicle” instead of “trace logging”. The speaker is from the UK so I’m assuming it had a hard time analyzing his accent.

I’m assuming “testicle” is an approved word as I’m sure some HCPs use Docebo as their LMS, however in the IT industry, there is no need for that.

Either to select the option to enable/disable auto-tagging per learning object when uploading, or only allow certain words with suggestions that need to be approved.

Right now, it’s just “go back through and delete” and that’s a pain.

Proof:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@dhall  -  be sure to vote up the idea if you have not already

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I tried voting again….it didnt work. 😁 My finding - the tags AI really just makes noise for us SCORM generating folk is what I want to say is true at a high level.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Voting done, up to 113. Saw there was an update 5 months ago so we’ll see where it goes. Fingers crossed!