Question

Display upcoming and overdue deadlines to learners

• 19 October 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Did anyone have best practice or workaround to show the exact due date in Docebo landing (Home) page?

I’ve reviewed the idea & running into the same situation. Ensure that I voted the proposal.

In home page the due date shows as a calendar icon instead of showing the exact dates. Even I’ve tried with playing cards or list in multiple custom widgets… Same result... it shows either calendar Icon (for future due date) or X months overdue in course list/cards… 

Any example here to create the more engaging & user-friendly home page?  

Setting course due dates for learners and managers: Task List and My Team

8 replies

Userlevel 1

I am having the same issue - we are wanting to display the courses that are past the deadline but they disappear after the deadline has passed. If there is a way people are able to make this happen (until they update the system), I would love any tips and/or tricks!

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@kristirebs12 Currently we have enabled overdue notification emails to learners to reinforce them about the importance of course completion. Our email will trigger after due date (after 1day, 7days, 14days frequency...)

Userlevel 5
Badge

We have notifications set as well, and have also noticed that the Deadline tab is useful until the course due date has passed. Unfortunately, that is when the Deadline tab is even MORE important, as many of these overdue courses are compliance-related. 

This is something that we really NEED!  Either an Overdue tab, or for the courses to remain on the deadline tab after the due date has passed.(We don’t lock our users out of courses once they’re overdue, as we still want them to complete them.)

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

‘Digest: Learner has yet to complete’ notification may somehow help push completion for learners.

Userlevel 5
Badge

‘Digest: Learner has yet to complete’ notification may somehow help push completion for learners.

We will likely start using this, but a course that has passed it’s deadline still has a deadline and should remain on the list showing as “overdue” or “passed deadline.” The current view only makes things confusing.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I hope this information is useful to someone who is having difficulty displaying the actual due date on their learner's home page.

Currently, our task widget does not provide the exact due date of each course; also, if learners fail to complete the course, the course will be removed from the task widget.

Furthermore, the widget displays a "Thumbs Up" image indicating that there are no deadlines, which adds to the stress on our learners' end when their manager receives an overdue email.

We found a simple solution to this problem by leveraging the "My Calendar" option.

I simply created a new page in our LMS called "Due Soon" and added only My Calendar widget to the composer section...When I add My Calendar, I make sure that it displays as a "Agenda" View by default, rather than monthly or weekly.

I added a new custom widget to the home page and linked the "Due Soon page" to it. So that whenever our learners come on our home page, they can view the Due soon custom widget. When users click the custom widget, it sends them to the new "Due Soon" page, where they can see the exact deadline of each course (on a monthly basis) and join the session by simply clicking the course title.

We have reduced the rate of incomplete attrition while increasing the percentage of on-time completion.

Userlevel 1

@Baskaran venugopal - this sounds like a really good alternative.

I am attempting to create a ‘to do’ list for users on their homepage, and I think the calendar will work better than the task list as you described it.

I have one question - how do you display overdue courses?

I assume in the calendar view they will disappear into the past, but ideally I would like users to see a comprehensive list of everything they need to do. How do you handle this?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@Baskaran venugopal - this sounds like a really good alternative.

I am attempting to create a ‘to do’ list for users on their homepage, and I think the calendar will work better than the task list as you described it.

I have one question - how do you display overdue courses?

I assume in the calendar view they will disappear into the past, but ideally I would like users to see a comprehensive list of everything they need to do. How do you handle this?

@Katzen Apologies for the delayed response. It’s quite impossible to show a comprehensive list of every overdue course using the calendar widget. As a result, we intentionally kept our page name as “DUE SOON”, rather than overdue or something else.

We had now trained our learners in various aspects of LMS, such as learning platform navigation, accessing the "due soon" page to view the list of trainings for each month, My Transcript page to view pending items, enabling overdue email notifications at different intervals, and creating multiple job aids for repetitive questions from the learners' perspective. This helps our learners become aware of certain basic learning functionality, and we gradually eliminate repetitive Q&As while increasing on-time completion rates.