Docebo platforms to share courses across businesses

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

We have a new vendor client who has the Docebo platform and has courses and videos on how to use their product. Our Safety department had viewed their training resources on the vendors Docebo platform and wanted to have these available on our Doceboplatform so our agents and drivers could take these courses/videos on how to use this new product. 

Do you know if this feature is coming?

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi there, are you talking about sharing courses across 2 instances of Docebo or asking about sharing on the same site across 2 different business lines?

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi Irnlab, I am talking about sharing courses across 2 different business lines. Is there a way to use some of the courses they have on their Docebo Platform to link to our Docebo Platform?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Swatson hmmm, we are on the Enterprise model and use sub domains to provide access to non-related user groups...from there we create pages to expose the catalog from one business line to the other. That said the only thing i can think of that is out of the box, would be to use the Public Catalogue feature to expose your courses however users who would want to enroll in those courses would need to have a profile. You can always turn on Self-registration if that works for your company(ies). You cannot share the same profile across 2 separate instances of Docebo as far as I know.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi Irnlab, We would want our users to take the courses from the vendor on our Docebo platform so all their training history is in one platform and we can run the User Personal Summary to see what courses they have completed. Is there an easy way for the vendor client to send us their courses since we both use Docebo platforms? Maybe something in the Central Repository? 

It would be nice if we could go into the Content Marketplace and integrate platforms with the vendor so we can import their courses on our platform.

Do you have any other suggestions? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi Irnlab, We would want our users to take the courses from the vendor on our Docebo platform so all their training history is in one platform and we can run the User Personal Summary to see what courses they have completed. Is there an easy way for the vendor client to send us their courses since we both use Docebo platforms? Maybe something in the Central Repository? 

It would be nice if we could go into the Content Marketplace and integrate platforms with the vendor so we can import their courses on our platform.

Do you have any other suggestions? 

I don’t have any suggestions for that, but it is a great request and something I’m sure many could benefit from! If you post this in the Idea’s Portal would you post the link to this thread and I will vote for it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Agree that this would be an interesting suggestion to post to the Ideas portal. Seems pretty unique though. 

Back to my suggestion about using the Public catalog...you could always manual track completion via Enrollment CSV option. We have used this to load learning history (there is also an API for this if you prefer). It’s not the slickest solution but it would allow you to track user progress on your LMS while you search for a better solution.

Another option might be to look into creating a SSO link to the vendor LMS using your users’ credentials. We have mimicked this with some vendors using a SCORM package that links to the vendor’s LMS and keeps the course on your end “in progress” until the completion status is changed. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

I heard from our CXM that there is a new Docebo tool in beta called Docebo Flow (the ability to imbed content into other systems). Apparently that have already chosen there beta group and we are not apart of it. However, I hope in this community they could list the beta Docebo tools to allow anyone who is interested to be apart of a beta group. 

I will wait to hear back on how this new Docebo Flow tool works and we might be using it. Depends if there is a cost related to it or not. If there is a cost, I will be adding this to the Idea’s Portal. 

Thanks!

Userlevel 2
Badge

I heard from our CXM that there is a new Docebo tool in beta called Docebo Flow (the ability to imbed content into other systems). Apparently that have already chosen there beta group and we are not apart of it. However, I hope in this community they could list the beta Docebo tools to allow anyone who is interested to be apart of a beta group. 

I will wait to hear back on how this new Docebo Flow tool works and we might be using it. Depends if there is a cost related to it or not. If there is a cost, I will be adding this to the Idea’s Portal. 

Thanks!

Hi @Swatson ! Ashley here from the Customer Experience team. The beta program for Docebo Flow is still ongoing, so we would love to include you if you would like to participate. I will connect with your CXM on this. Have a great day!

@andrea.camagni FYI

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi ashley.jordan!

Our CXM is Allie who was informed that the beta groups for Flow have already been chosen so she was not able to add our team to the list to test this in our sandbox.

So if there is anything you both can do to add our team to the beta program, please do so.

Thank you!

Sandy

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @ashley.jordan I would also love to be part of this if you can accommodate another user. Our CXM is Katherine. Thanks!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @ashley.jordan I would also love to be part of this if you can accommodate another user. Our CXM is Katherine. Thanks!

Hi @lrnlab - Katharine will be reaching out shortly. Thanks for your interest!

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Is this perhaps a use case for the LTI protocol to allow sharing a course out of the Docebo Learn platform to another LMS?

I know Docebo can take a LTI course form another LMS that supports it and I have used this successfully. Adding training material that is LTI.

I would really find this useful for Docebo Learn to be able to share via LTI courses out to other LMS.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

As I just got an email not even 10 minutes ago as of this post about some PowerUser Training from Docebo University - it got me thinking on this topic.

I thought - “Wouldn’t it be nice if - let’s say I want to have a PowerUser who only did content creation - to be able to assign training to them from DU about content creation that existed as a course in our platform too?”

Then I could streamline what my PowerUsers needed without Docebo making me a PowerUser and without making all my PowerUsers an account on the DU site and making me a manager over my PowerUsers on their site…

So I found this thread sort of talking about this idea.

@ashley.jordan I am curious how this has progressed through all the beta groups..?

I suppose telling my users to go create a DU account and take X class is simple but Docebo has that tracking and not us unless we work out something with external training.

Am I simply missing an easier way to do this?

I admit I have not done any other background homework on this.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @gstager This is a common request that we get from customers. Technically, there is not a streamlined way to be able to share our admin content from Docebo U directly in a customer’s platform. Primarily this is due to the inability to be able to update that content on a regular basis. Since we have a SaaS product, our platform changes monthly and we would need the ability to constantly push out updates to our training content so that Power Users and Superadmins are taking the most up-to-date platform training. 

You could create playlists in Docebo U to gather your own course list that you can then share with your PUs. Alternatively they can enroll in the admin LP in Docebo U like you mention. 

To obtain the progress and completion data for your PUs in Docebo U, you can ask your Account Manager directly for this. They will be able to have access to be able to pull this data for you. 

Docebo Flow would not necessarily allow us to get around this limitation either. Flow allows you to embed your Docebo LMS into your own third party application providing a more seamless and “in the flow of work” experience for your end users.