Best Answer

Does a newly created Group work retroactively?

• 6 April 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi everyone

Will a newly created Group pick up users who already meet the Group criteria i.e. does the Group work retroactively or will it only pick up users who meet the criteria after the Group was created.

We have just created a Group that will contain users who have completed a particular course.  Before creating the Group there were users on the LMS who had already completed the required course but they do not seem to be in the Group.  If the newly created Group doesn’t work retrospectively, how do I get the existing users into the Group?

Many thanks

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 6 April 2023, 19:53

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

HI @SarahBee  ...the initial list of users that get captured in the group will gather anyone matching the criteria. in your case, it should pick up all users who have competed the course if that’s the only criteria...you might want to check how your group is set up. 

What does not work retroactively are the enrolments rules. If you had users in a group before you attached that group to the enrol rule, those users would not be assigned; only those newly added after the connection was made will be assigned.

Your example is a little differently which is why I’m thinking you need to check your group settings.