Best Answer

does anyone have css to properly hide the cookie alert bar?

• 15 February 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The cookie popup is causing big problems for our mobile users. 

our cookie policy is in our privacy policy anyway, so there’s no point in a glitchy popup. 

I know Docebo doesn’t like people hiding this, but it should be up to ME not them IMO. My boss is our chief legal officer, and we are global / she knows all about GDPR, so I feel comfortable doing this. 

icon

Best answer by lrodman 23 February 2023, 16:33

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

While I’m at it - the “please rotate your phone” popup is annoying as all heck and I can’t figure out how to hide it with css. Anyone have css for that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

agree this is very annoying...Docebo did say at some point that this should not appear all the time but I haven't any fix yet…

tagging @erin.brisson @Adam Ballhaussen 

maybe they have some news on this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

It is more that it appears to serve no purpose - even for GDPR compliance. 

people have to click through the PP to access the site. Why have yet another policy? Two seems sufficient. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

agree...it was one and done before they decided to change it over a year ago...seems like saving your cookie preferences should work like every other site...accept it and you’re done...not every time you login, impersonate, incognito mode, etc. Definitely excessive...

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Well my bigger problem is it’s impossible to accept on mobile portrait mode for first time users using mobile web. Anyway next week when I get back from vaca I will fix it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

looking forward to your brilliant codes...lol...

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

looking forward to your brilliant codes...lol...

All set!

Since this does something Docebo doesn’t like, I won’t post the code directly, but it’s a simple edit and I’m happy to share code with anyone on request. Just DM me!