Question

Edits to Ratings

• 14 July 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello all - 

We have a user that completed one of our courses and was given the option to rate the course. She meant to click the 5 star but accidentally clicked the 1 star. She wants to edit her rating, but I am not sure she nor an admin can make any adjustment to this for her. Is this possible?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @cshrecengost not as far as I know...I tried it just now and once the rating is given it cannot be changed. I also tried turning OFF ratings and then back ON but the rating remains as it was.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@cshrecengost There’s a suggestion in the Ideas Portal LMS-I-408 if anyone wants to vote!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

There’s an api to do a rating update thats fairly straight forward, I know not a GUI or straight answer, but if you had anyone who is comfortable with it, could be easily accomplished.

Userlevel 4

@Cindy McElhinney would you have a link so I can upvote? I couldn’t find it in the Ideas area and we have users that have told us the put the wrong rating by accident as well. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@Cindy McElhinney would you have a link so I can upvote? I couldn’t find it in the Ideas area and we have users that have told us the put the wrong rating by accident as well. 

@isaal The suggestion as noted in previous post was in the old idea portal. I couldn’t locate a suggestion here in the community, so I took the liberty to go ahead and add one here and voted so feel free to add your upvote too.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Bfarkas 

Hey, I looked to see if I could find what you suggested. Can you advise what service and what API Reference this is? 

I ran into the same situation where a customer wanted to give a 5, but gave a 3 by accident.

Thanks

I just put in an “Idea” for updating/reseting ratings on Assets and Courses. Give it an Upvote!