Question

Eligibility rule based on the LP assigned/enrollment

• 8 February 2024
  • 3 replies

I would like to enroll a user automatically into an ILT when they are registering for a LP. This is not possible.

The only way at the moment is to enter one of the courses that the user is enrolled in by the LP and then create and assign that group to an enrollment rule for those ILT courses. 

But this is not interesting for us, as the users can also register to any course in the LP separately.

Anyone with the same issue?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Eva at Docebo Hi, Eva … is the ILT part of your Learning Plan? In my experience, adding the ILT to the LP has enrolled them into the ILT along with the rest of the courses. What it didn’t do was to enroll the person into a session or event.

Because of this limitation, we stopped using ILTs almost entirely. But perhaps there have been updates to the tool, or someone more experienced with ILTs might offer some additional insight for the session/event challenge.

Thanks for your reply :-) No it should not be part of the LP. We want it to be additional, but not part of the LP. For the moment I enroll them manually, but it would be great if this could be done automatically...

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Eva at Docebo I’m not sure if you could actually get there, but the idea that came to me was along these lines:

1. ILT in the LP so basic enrollment occurs
  2. Configure the ILT so that it allows for self-enrollment into session/event. You could control this perhaps by limiting the number of “active” sessions so that the learner has only one choice to enroll into. You might also want to enable unenrollment and wait list options.
  3. Admins would be left to do only the issue resolution instead of all of the manual work.