Best Answer

Embedded Links in Rise360 - Autoupdate??

• 8 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Quick question for this amazing community:

If we have embedded iorad tutorials in a Rise360 course which will then be exported and live in our LMS, will those embedded links still update? I have previously relied on LMS admin to deal with SCORM-things so this will be my first time exporting and uploading it myself.

I simply want to know if I have to fix an iorad tutorial, will I have to repeat the export-import process? The URL will not change.

I am having trouble phrasing this question appropriately for google but figured someone in here would know the answer already, thanks!

icon

Best answer by KMallette 8 March 2024, 17:21

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@jcellitti Probably not. I’m not familiar with iorad specifically, but we embed Vimeo videos, and can update those without having to republish the RISE course.  The thing you want to be certain of is that you use an EMBED code (from the site where the iorad tutorial lives), and not uploading a file (say, like an .mp4 video file) directly into the RISE course.

I just noticed you said “the URL will not change”, which makes me think that you’ll be fine.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@KMallette thanks so much!

Yes, exactly how we did it. iframe codes were embedded directly into the course.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Yup, this is just a matter ofm what and where the update is. If you are updating the iorod at its source and the link to it stays static, all good, if you are updating the rise course and then exporting, those changes not so much.