Question

Embedding External Feedback Surveys

• 5 April 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge

Greetings,

In my opinion, having a feedback survey as a training material requires too much of the learner to want to spend time taking.

I am considering embedding it in a SCORM, etc…

Does anyone have any experience with this? I’d love your thoughts.

Thanks!

~B

5 replies

I have never added our external survey links to a scorm, however it is possible!

I have created a HTML training material at the end of a course and included the link to the survey or most recently, I set a up completion notification and also input the link that email completion notification.

Badge

@CaseyCrompton thanks so much for the input. I see that you included the survey as an additional training material. Is that correct? If so, does the user have to make the choice to click on the training material-survey?

Userlevel 2

@CaseyCrompton thanks so much for the input. I see that you included the survey as an additional training material. Is that correct? If so, does the user have to make the choice to click on the training material-survey?

Could you add the survey as training material behind the course scorm as an end object marker? If this is done then in theory, the course will not complete for the user until they have completed the survey as it is a requirement for completion.

Correct! it is a supplemental training material and does not define completion as I did not enable the end object marker for completion.

Badge

@CaseyCrompton I am wondering if since it the feedback survey is an additional training material it makes learners less likely to take it. I am certainly not in favor of making the feedback survey mandatory for completion.

I am looking into having the feedback survey link (to an outside site) be embedded in the video to see if learners are more likely to click on it and perform the survey due to ease.