Question

End User Access / Experience to Surveys

• 26 October 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hey folks,

We don’t like how buried / how many clicks it takes for a user in an ILT session to get “all the way down” to the course survey. What are your creative solutions? Any ways to unbury it or draw attention directly to it without extra, extra clicks?

6 replies

Userlevel 3

If you are willing to use a third party tool for the survey (surveymonkey, qualtrics, google forms, ect) you can embed it as an iframe widget on the course homepage which is 2 less clicks! We’re toying with doing this ourselves. Of course, then you have to do your reporting on the survey out of that tool and not Docebo.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I’m 100% on board with the external survey tool embedded, theres a lot of advantages to it currently over the internal, but if you can’t, I wonder if you can use email notices to help out in some way and deeplink in, we do this with the external ones and it helps quite a bit, not sure of a deeplink to the survey directly though.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Yeah, we are investigating all paths. The third party tool is not our preference (for cost) but so far the functionality in Docebo doesn’t prove that we can successfully deliver internally.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

The lack of broad reporting is just a deal breaker on it as far as I am concerned, too much effort in current setup for that.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

The lack of broad reporting is just a deal breaker on it as far as I am concerned, too much effort in current setup for that.

We’re working towards exports to our datalakes. I haven’t investigated how much data can be exported, but I saw the API info for Surveys so I was hopeful that it would be actionable once we got it out of the platform. Have you tried that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Yes, but it is heavy API use and requires like a datalake to facilitate over time, whereas had the external tool which could be embedded and give more flexibility and lose no advantage from being a native setup. Theres a few posts on how people use the API to collect the survey data around and methods. They can burn through the hourly limit of api calls on their own depending on scale.