Question

Enrolling a group into a course

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello,

I added a blank group to an enrollment rule so I could mass enroll users into Compliance Courses. From what I’ve seen on here, the system will only enroll “newly added” users.

I added the group parameters after the group had been added to the enrollment rule, so shouldn’t the system see these newly added members as “New Users” and enroll them into the proper courses?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Sounds like you did the right order, following best practices outlined here 

I will say, we have found significant delays sometimes between group enrollment and course enrollment, takes patience sometimes, if that doesn’t work And the sequence was right, Id open a ticket. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Not sure if the slight issue we saw a couple ago may still be around...in some cases, I had to fiddle with the group settings a few times to get it process correctly...maybe give that a try.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Did you check the enrollment rule status? Make sure the enrollment rule is active before you update the group criteria (I miss that one allllll the time).

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Not sure if the slight issue we saw a couple ago may still be around...in some cases, I had to fiddle with the group settings a few times to get it process correctly...maybe give that a try.

Agh I always block this out as it is so annoying, but yes, the number of times of just toggling a setting on and off and re-save to have it finally work…..