Question

Enrolling on a course already completed

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

We are having issues where people want to enrol and book onto a session for and ILT they have previously completed.  when they try to book they get a 404 error.  At the moment the only way aruond this is to get people to unenrol (impossible to find the button if  you don't know where it is)  and rebook, or we have to do it for them back end.

Have we missed something?  If we want want people to retake ILT training, how do stop this error form occuring?

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I’m following because I’m interested in what other’s work arounds are.  I have not encountered this yet, but I have a feeling I might. 

My own thoughts for a work around:

Download the users certificate of completion from the first attempt and add it to the external training for the user.  Then remove the user’s original enrollment.  I know the system currently doesn’t handle multiple completions for the same course, so this is what we have done with people who were trying to attempt e-learning content more than once.

Userlevel 3

I’m also following, as this would be useful for us as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Since Docebo only tracks a single completion on any course, I believe this is heart of the issue...perhaps with the eventual implementation of multiple completions for a single course, this will allow users to re-enroll in the same course but for a different session...Will be interesting to see how Docebo rolls this out.

For now, the only way to get around this would be to create another version of the same course; perhaps with a slightly different title that lets you know it’s a re-take, or v2, etc...and get the users enrolled into this new course.

Keep in mind that if you un-enroll the users, the completion history goes with it and when they are enrolled again, it will recognize that they are already completed on the course so it can get confusing for the users.

Userlevel 4

This took me some tries to figure out. If the user switches sessions/ un-enrolls from the completed session,  they can enroll into a new session.They will still be able to download their certificate from the completed session.

This assumes that you allow users to manage their enrollment, and that they only need to complete one session to meet the “completed” requirement.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

thanks all.  For ‘refresher’ training this isn't an issue as we have just set up a retraining plan which allows people to retake. 

However for people who just want to do a refresh off their own back this is where the problem kicks in.  Yes they can unenrol (which isnt obvious how to do) or we can book them on back end, however it seems strange that the ability to simply book onto the same session to do it again isn't standard functionality.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

thanks all.  For ‘refresher’ training this isn't an issue as we have just set up a retraining plan which allows people to retake. 

However for people who just want to do a refresh off their own back this is where the problem kicks in.  Yes they can unenrol (which isnt obvious how to do) or we can book them on back end, however it seems strange that the ability to simply book onto the same session to do it again isn't standard functionality.

Agreed.  I know that multiple completions is something they are working on, or looking at to update. Hopefully ILTs is within the scope of this as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
waiting on Multiple Completions!!

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

I hadn't realised this also extends to refresher training.  Most of our refresher training is e-learning so when someone is due to ‘refresh’ they just click the renew button.  But for ILT if someone does the same courses again (even if we manually update their completion date) it doesn’t update their renewal date.

I know i can also manually update someone's renewal date for a course but it does mean setting the same date in 2 different places.  Has anyone found an easier way to manage this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

hadn't realized that, thanks for sharing @KTJD 

I gave this a try and it seems to have worked for one of our e-learning compliance courses. I duplicated the existing course which created a duplicate SCORM file in the central repository. I changed the name of the new SCORM file in the Central Repository (it was at the top with the latest date stamp) by adding 2023 at the end of the title. I then went back to the duplicate course and added the renamed SCORM package to the course (with the 2023). I removed the original one and then when I enrolled in the course it launched the training for me as new.

Userlevel 3
Badge

This has long been an issue with Docebo functionality.  I believe the coming course archive feature will help with not losing the original training data when unenrolling.  I think many agree that learners should be able to take an ILT as many times as they wish and not be limited in doing so.