Best Answer

Equivalences to complete a different course shell

• 26 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi,

Hoping someone can help…

I need 15 course shells each with a different scorm package in.

Once all 15 of these course shells have been completed (in any order), a 16th course shell (with no content in) will automatically show as complete.

Is there any way I can do this on the system? 

I know this sounds a bit daft, but I need it this way for reporting to external auditors, so it’s super clear which employees have their full certificate (completed all 15 courses) and which don’t.

I’ve been looking at Equivalences but struggling to get this to work how I need it to. 

Thanks

icon

Best answer by JeanetteMcVeigh 26 October 2023, 17:13

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi!  I might be over simplifying it, but can you put the 15 courses in one Learning Plan? Then when all 15 are done, the Learning Plan would be complete.

Userlevel 2

@CharlieCromp1 I agree with @JeanetteMcVeigh a Learning Plan would solve that issue and you could create a piece of eLearning content that is one slide that says “Congratulations you have completed your Certification” and upon clicking it, it goes to Complete. You would have to put it at the end of a Learning Plan though with a pre-requisite on it so that the users follow the learning path to unlock the last course so that might not fit your use case.  You could also use automation via enrollment rules to assign a user to that course, once they complete the others. Best practice in my opinion is a Learning Plan with a “fake” course in it as I said initially. You could create a certification based on that “fake” course too. Lots of options to explore!