Question

Event Notification for Suspended Status

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi everyone,

May I know if we were to use Suspended status in a course, is there any specific event notification used for this? I looked through course notifications but couldn’t find anything related to Suspended. Just needed help to make sure I didn’t miss anything.

Thank you.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @haziehalim, currently there isn’t a notification of suspension.  I looked at using that as a substitute for cancellation/no show of sessions as there currently isn’t a status other than completed or absent, but suspension prevents a user from ever enrolling in that course again.  If a user cancels or misses a session, they should be allowed to attend a future offering vs being banned from the course.  At least in our use case… good luck!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

yup, there some serious gaps in the notification options...hoping to see some improvements later this year….

Hi Everyone!

Suppose we were to use the enrollment status of Suspended for associates who did not want to complete the course (it wasn’t required but did have a due date). Will the associates still show up on the Team Learning Activity as not having completed the training even though their current status is Suspended?

Thanks,

Tara

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi Everyone!

Suppose we were to use the enrollment status of Suspended for associates who did not want to complete the course (it wasn’t required but did have a due date). Will the associates still show up on the Team Learning Activity as not having completed the training even though their current status is Suspended?

Thanks,

Tara

Hi Tara! If you’re referring to the My Team page and whether it would show up in overdue courses on their card, it will not. Once you change the status to suspended for the course, it no longer shows as overdue in that user’s card. I just tested this in my demo environment to confirm.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@tara.finley keep in mind that suspended also prevents the user from ever accessing the course again, not just omit/remove them from reporting or My Team view.