Question

File Repository TM widget

• 14 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Greetings~ What is the number of files or linked URLS can be uploaded here? Thank you!

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Circling back on this question. Does anyone know what he limit is either number of items or size limit total for all items uploaded into a file repository widget area?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

So according to the support article on managing this widget, it does not seem like there is one. 

https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020127779-Managing-the-File-repository-area-widget

You can configure a limit on number in the settings, but if you set it to 0, it says unlimited:

As far as file size, don’t see any info, so probably a reasonable single threaded upload size, but could always just test it using fairly large files to prove out. Sounds like you have a particular use case in mind that is a potential concern though?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Not sure if there is a size limit. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Bfarkas Thank you! Yea I couldn’t find any info on if there is one. Use case- we are in the legal field and are creating brief banks, one per topic, like briefs on relocation, that other attorneys could turn to. This requires active participation from the staff to add documents or links here for others to use. I am setting this widget to allow staff to upload a document (Word or PDF) or link via URL to our document management system directly to the brief they would like to share on this topic. I am not worried about the size of one individual document but more is there a limit to the number of documents or links that can be added here because we could easily have 40 + as a combination of uploaded documents or URLs. Before rolling this out I wanted to know if I needed explain we have a X number limit or not as that would force us to define our parameters of what goes in there a little more.