Best Answer

Gamification - How do you recognize top users one anonymity-enabled leaderboards?

• 26 October 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

We have only recently started to use leaderboards in the Gamification module. 

For the privacy reasons, we had to enable anonymity, so names of users won’t get exposed to other users (we’re serving external users). That’s working great.

However, now, even as a superadmin, I cannot see who is at the top of the leaderboard.

We’d like to recognize our top users with some swag or other benefits, however, since our leaderboards are anonymized, we can’t really know who they are.

I already added an enhancement request on the Ideas portal (LMS-I-5125), but I wonder if maybe someone has a working solution to this problem (other, than disabling anonymity for a minute, getting the list, and re-enabling it)?

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Marco.T 22 November 2021, 10:56

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi @alekwo we are planning to allow SA to preview the leaderboard without  anonymity applied, an improvement to leaderboards as in fact is not so useful for admins having it applied. 

I don’t have yet a confirmed release date  but is going to be managed in the next weeks

Marco

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @Marco.T thanks a lot.

This was a highly needed improvement to have the option to anonymize leaderboards (we weren’t allowed to use them before). Having the admin’s preview will make them great.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi @alekwo  just an update, the improvement is planned to be released the beginning of December

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Thanks @Marco.T this will be great to have it available before the end of the year.