I need help troubleshooting: We have an ILT that users can only access once they’ve started a specific course. Ideally, we want users to see the course exists but can’t be accessed yet.
- Group “ILT”: Automatically assign users to group “ILT” if at least one of the conditions is satisfied: The course is in progress or completed
- Enrollment rule: If user is in group “ILT,” enroll user in the ILT
- ILT settings:
- Course Visibility in Catalogs: Show the course in internal and external catalogs
- Course Self-Enrollment: Self-enrollments are available
- Catalog Enrollment Policy: Only Admins can enroll learners
- Validity is not limited
- Course is published
Until a few days ago, this setting worked. Now it doesn’t: The course stays locked even though my test learner account is assigned to the correct group. The message on the card says “This course is now locked” which sounds like it wasn’t locked before but I can’t remember what the locked course message was when it was still working. I’ve played with the settings and with a new test user account but it’s always completely locked or freely accessible. I’ve set up a second test ILT to start clean and minimize the chance of dependencies I’m not thinking of, but it’s the same thing.
I don’t know what could be interfering with it and why it used to work but now doesn’t.
- Any suggestions how to fix this or alternative ways to make this work?
- Could this possibly be a consequence of all the Docebo updates that are currently happening?
- Does anyone know when the Docebo learning plan updates will be rolled out where you can add an optional course to a learning plan? That could also solve the problem.
Best answer by alekwoView original